Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Time Dreaming

Summer time is when most avid hunters are getting their own kind of stirr crazy. If you are like me you have planted your food plots, you are maintaining mineral sites, setting scouting cameras, planning stand sites and doing some summer scouting. All of this in preparation of the BIG day you will again be with bow in hand hitting the timber chasing the elusive whitetail. As I drive around in the evening seeing BIG deer in velvet makes me dream of our opener here in IA. As I am shooting a few arrows every night I am dreaming of my target changing to the BIG deer which I am working so hard for. It seems so far away that all I can do now is dream about it. Even though I know we are in count down mode, my reality drifts back to dreaming of BIG whitetail in my sights. All this dreaming makes me all the more appreciative when the big day of season opener arrives. No, I will not wait until rut or the weather cools down. I have done too much summer dreaming to not hit it hard on opening day. I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment