Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hunt Hard & Hunt Safe

Unfortunately every year you hear of some one who had a hunting accident in their tree stand. I for one have been very lucky, I never used to wear a saftey harness. Even after I had a couple of mishaps in stands I was still foolish enough not to wear one. It does not matter if you are in a climber, a hang on or even a ladder stand make sure you wear your saftey harness.

There are many different types of saftey harness's on the market today, for any budget. Plus the fact that every stand comes with a harness now, there is no reason not to wear one. If not for your self do it for your friends and family who care for you. I am married now and have two children and I put my harness on every time I climb in a tree stand.

I have tried a number of different ones from multiple tree stand companies and have even purchased a few. I have had a couple of Hunter Saftey Systems saftey vests and really liked them. They are very easy to use and buckle like a car seat. The pockets give an added bonus for storage and keeps items such as your range finder close by.

This year I am using a saftey harness from Muddy Outrdoors and so far I love it. It is light weight and very quiet. It is very simple to put on and take off, even in the dark. I am going to spend a lot of time in a tree stand this year and hope I do not have to put it to the test, but from everything that I have read and saw it looks like it will do the job.

So for everyone who will be climbing in a stand this year make sure you wear your saftey harness. Remember Hunt Hard & Hunt Safe and good luck harvesting a Monster this year!

Tom Lester
President Monster Raxx LLC
tom@monsterraxx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment